Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Celebrating the 4th of July

So I decided at that last minute that I wanted to go to Disneyland. I ended up having almost a week off of work, and I decided June 30th to go. Luckily my sister Katelyn also had a vacation that didn't go through and was off that week too! It didn't take much time to convince her to go see Mickey Mouse. We headed off in the early morning of July 4th. It ended up taking about 12 hours with all the potty breaks and stops to stretch our legs, but we finally made it there about 5 pm. We went out to a yummy dinner at P.F Changs which was a big disaster. The kids were restless and wouldn't sit still. The cool part was that Triston and Shara were able to use chopsticks for the first time. I think that they did really well. We ended up walking the mall afterwards and then decided to go over to Disneyland park to watch the fireworks
We ended up watching the fireworks outside the park, and boy was it crowded, but I ended up getting some great pictures. The cool thing was that they had a special 4th of July weekend firework show, so it was different than the regular program. We had fun! We ended up going back to the hotel and crashing! We were exhausted.


No comments: